I guess the title says it all! That’s a lot of bloggery… in one year –
- I started the year with posts about my MkII project, the Privateers. This was an interesting painting project as I’d acquired the start of the army from Ugo, the best painter in our club. I wanted to emulate his style, so it was a bit of a learning curve. I think it worked out pretty well …
- Next up I tried to learn to play Hordes (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4). This is still an ongoing project!
- I wrote an attrition-based campaign system for Warmachine and Hordes called ANNIHILATION. This proved to be a lot of fun and puts a strategic element into every game. Here’s a link to the final set of rules.
- I had fun converting my own character ‘jacks too having created alternative versions of Deathjack and Beast-09.
- This year also brought my first foray into Malifaux. I’ve only had a few games of it, but it’s fun. The miniatures are lovely to paint too.
- There have also been a few Flames of War posts, but not nearly as many as I’d have liked.
- I became a Press Ganger, but haven’t had much time to dedicate to it, though I did write a couple of introductory articles (Warmachine Beginners Battle Report Part 1 and Part 2). Hopefully more in 2011…
- I started a Circle Orboros proxy force, but have only painted a few beasts so far. The Pureblood proxy is my favourite so far. Again, something I want to progress this year.
- The Scourge Bringer campaign in Orlando was one of the gaming highlights of 2010 for me. I met up with Clay and Dan in mind November and we had a fun day of Warmachine and Hordes. I was so much fun that it has spawned a campaign series that I hope to continue through this year.
- To round out 2010 I started updating my Legion of Everblight forces.
- On top of all that there was a smattering of battle reports and hobbying articles.
Thanks for reading in 2010. Let me know what you’d like to see from farfaraway.org in 2011.