I’m finishing off a few models before my Christmas project. First up is the new Kommander Sorscha from the plastic Khador Battle Box set. I converted and painted the Juggernaut into Beast-09 and the Destroyer will probably find its way onto eBay (I have two already). I didn’t put too much time into painting Sorscha, about 3 hours in total, as I just want to finish up a few stray models before Christmas. She was my only unpainted Khador model. Next up on my desk is the new sculpt of Skarre (last unpainted Cryx model) and Al-Vianna, a proxy for Kaya.
Kommander Sorcha was finished yesterday. Here’s a quick guide for how I painted her –
- I undercoated the model using black Gesso.
- I tackled the reds next using the technique described here.
- Next up was the flesh – I base coated it Tallarn Flesh. It was washed with Ogryn Flesh, thenfollowed by adding increasing amounts of Elf Flesh to the base coat up to a pure Elf Flesh highlight.
- The eyes were painted Kommando Khaki and dotted with Chaos Black.
- The hat was based Battlefield Brown, drybrushed Khemri Brown, then Kommando Khaki and finally Bleached Bone. This was washed with Devlan Mud.
- Other leathers were based Battlefield Brown and highlighted Bestial Brown. Again Devlan Mud was used for the wash.
- The metals are either Shining Gold or Boltgun Metal. These are washed with … you guessed it … Devlan Mud.
- Finally I based the model using my basic basing scheme.
Hopefully that all makes sense.